Feb 16, 2009

So....now I know why God impressed these wise words from Corrie Ten Boom into my heart weeks ago! The words "Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open" are truer for me than ever! I read my own post today(lol) and saw that I had said "Ouch! This is so true isn't it?? If only we would hold onto things not so tightly." For sure! I have been holding some things tightly, and it is hurting to have to have God prey them out of my hands. How silly to grasp onto anything in the world, when God alone can satisfy! My heart wants a lot of things, but needs to be content with the main thing. If anyone will lift me up to the Lord today, pray for me that I will ever increasingly see, know and rest in God's sovereignty and goodness- these are things that I already know in my head, but want to see sewn deeper into my heart. Thank You! And please send your prayer requests my way!








"It is not my ability, but my response to God’s ability, that counts."




"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you my friend and can completely agree/sympathize with what you said!

staceyhoff said...

Love you, Cor ~ your faith is giving me mooring today! xoxo's