Jan 24, 2009

"It is not my ability, but my response to God’s ability, that counts."

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God!"

"No pit is so deep that God's love is not deeper still."

"Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open." (Ouch! This is so true isn't it?? If only we would hold onto things not so tightly...)

"Trying to do the Lord's work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you."

"God's viewpoint is sometimes different from ours - so different that we could not even guess at it unless He had given us a Book which tells us such things....In the Bible I learn that God values us not for our strenght or our brains but simply because He has made us." (I am so very thankful for this!!)

"Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength."

"Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see." ("All things work together for good" Romans 8:28. I pray that I will always remember God is in control and lets everything happen for a reason!! Even now as our country is/could be going through some big changes in the near future, please don't ever forget that God is still on the throne!!)

"Today I know that such memories are the key not to the past, but to the future. I know that the experiences of our lives, when we let God use them, become the mysterious and perfect preparation for the work He will give us to do. "






~ Corrie ten Boom

1 comment:

Heather Smith said...

Great quotes, Stacey! Thanks so much for stopping by and encouraging me. Some days I wonder if I can keep it all going, but then I remember it's God's job to do that. It's just my job to trust Him!! Thanks again for your wonderful Christian support!