Feb 20, 2009

My son encouraged me in my faith tonight, by talking to me about space hurricianes on our way home from Exeter tonight. It emboldened my faith to hear about how powerful and potentially scary these space storms can be because it reminded me of how God's hand protects us from them; His will allows us on Earth to be protected from being obliterated by a space storm. Indeed, even the gnarliest of storms, typhoon's, monsoons, tsunami's, and disease are controlled by His hand~ it sunk in again: just what have I to fear, in all the world, at all? If my God is for me, who/what can be against me? I sure enjoyed this comfort from God tonight.
I can be tempted to anxiety, but my circumstances are often F.E.A.R. = False Evidence Appearing Real. Today, a good friend (thank you, Corey!) helped me lift my eyes again to see that God is working even when, and sometimes especially when, I can't see His handiwork. I may be pressed but I will not be broken. Lord God, thank you. We are your children...and You do not forsake us <3





"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling, God sets the lonely in families." (Psalm 68:5,6a)


"And unto old age and gray hairs: O God, forsake me not." (Ps. 70: 9, 18).








"...My prayer... is that God would stand forth and reassert his Creator-rights in our lives, and show us his crucified and risen Son who has all authority in heaven and on earth, and waken in us the strongest faith in the supremacy of Christ, and the deepest comforts in suffering, and the sweetest fellowship with Jesus that we have ever known." John Piper, from his website. Post about Hurriciane Katrina.

~*~*~ I have recieved the undeserved most- greatest (Please excuse the grammar!) comforting, and the sweetest fellowship that could ever be; now Lord please awake the strongest faith in Christ's supremacy within me.~*~*~














No comments: