Feb 26, 2009

I wrote this to get my feelings out, as I prayed, alone in the hotel bathroom on Saturday afternoon- lol!I had to go off somewhere! - sometimes circumstances bring me to my knees, but it is there that I learn to lean on Christ.
I decided to share it during my bible study time this morning.
It's not meant to be anything; truthfully I don't know what it is.
It's just what tumbled out as I sat under God and cried over my
desires that won't come just yet, and prayed for strength to resist
temptation to sin. As I did that He taught me and comforted me-
and I was comforted by what He said.
This is from the best place, at the Savior's feet...


"Trust in God rather than yourself...
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6









Every time I have to run, I run to Him,
I flee this temptation and throw myself
upon Christ. His protection, my only
place of rest. No one but God, not any man,
can bare my soul and see my heart
like God can.
God alone sees every longing, every
temptation,ever desire, every weakness,
every strength, every fear.
His word says that He will Not allow me
to be tempted beyond what I can bear, so
I have to trust in that. I get to trust in
that; it's all I have, nothing seems as real
as Christ.
It's been so easy for despair,
she sees me as so weak-
but my Father is So Strong!
Though I may stumble, or even fall,
He picks me up and girds me strong,
helps me to walk again.
By God's grace I won't stop walking,
He will get me through.
These tempters, these haters of the human
soul, they will rattle and bang their big threats
and can set my soul on edge;
they can blast and buffet but my soul stays in the slip.
These gray skies and clapping beasts are all illusion anyways,
formed to lure my eye's off Christ, threatening jackals sent by
the evil one meant to make me lose my way.
I am but human,
but he is God.
I am weak, He is Strong.
I am scared, He is Not Afraid.
Take all things away, but they can take not Christ-
my only hope and stay.
I will fall, He will pick me back up.
I will cry, He will collect every tear.
I will yet not despair, for He will keep me near.
You'll not have my family,
My God has drawn the line!
He will sew all the broken pieces,
create the most beautiful quilt that you have ever seen.
Arise my soul, I say- along with the psalmist I urge
my quaking heart,
Arise, I say Arise!
a new hope has been purchased for me,
and I am finally FREE!

No comments: