May 5, 2007

I am so glad that I received the CJ Mahaney cd's I ordered right right before I left for RI- the True Humility ones. I listened to them for the first time last night while driving, and felt really convicted about my self-sufficiency and selfishness I am battling with all the time, and so encouraged that God is in control and not me and how comforting that is. The root of self-sufficiency is pride, he said. ( The sin that God hates the most! Ahh! Serious Business here.)One thing that he suggested was starting out each day, before even getting out of bed, with acknowledging your need for God and expressing gratitude to God. I definitely see his point here.
He also suggests staying charged up throughout the day by keeping a prayerful attitude, constantly bringing to Him whatever we encounter. So important for me!
CJ explains it so much better than me, so if your like me and struggle with self-sufficiency and selfishness- get this book! or the cd-set :)


Today I will mediate on the scriptures,
1 Peter 5:6-7, "Humble yourselves , therefore, under the mighty hand of God- casting your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you"
Philippians 1:6 " I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus"
and Ephesians 4:29 " Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful-for building others up- according to their needs- that it may benefit those who listen."

Pray for me, people!! ;)

No comments: