Jan 13, 2007

Praying for the Men's Retreat, Praying for a death of pride & expectations

Can't wait to see how this men's retreat will subtly affect our families throughout this upcoming year, and praying for the men to be touched by the spirit mightily. Trying to prepare my heart for Al's return, I was working on getting in some of Martha Peace's very practically informative book The Excellent Wife and my mind was already on my expectations of him after reading in Job the other morning. In Job it is stressed that we are wrong to impose our expectations on God ~ and He is the only immortal,the creator. The other half of the coin is that God should be my treasure and my greatest desire, to be glorifying Him. How often I am guilty of having expectations for my life, making these things I am desiring, and really glorifying myself, my treasure. Job 22:24 : Give up your lust for money ( I also assume this includes lusts for other things) and throw your precious gold into the river! Then the Almighty Himself will be your treasure. He will be your precious silver!Then, you will delight yourself in the Almighty and look up to God. You will pray to Him, and he will hear you, and you will fulfill your vows to Him." As I read that scripture, my mind went to the ring in the Lord Of The Rings ~ it was the precious~ what is my Precious? Lord, I pray that is is You! And then, 'then you will delight yourself in ... the Almighty. Not in, xyz. Then, I will fulfill my vows to Him. Humbled and corrected before a Mighty God. Thank You, Lord, for loving me enough to always correct me and steer me back onto that narrow path, despite my wandering heart. Please help me to love You as my treasure all of the time and please help me to see the sinful pride in my expectations and to lay them down at your feet, submitting my life completely to You, the only best place for all of us to be. Lord, let my soul be satisfied, for Your glory. In Jesus' sweet name, amen. <3

No comments: