Sep 20, 2008

September = Back to School! :)

I wish I had some pictures uploaded to include.

The kids have been so busy learning and having fun.
We are doing first grade with Joshua, seventh grade with Ty,
and "preschool" with Grace.

My favorite part of the homeschool day is the first two subjects
(hmmm? I wonder why that is?? ha ha ;) All kidding aside, I like those times
as this is when we do our personal time with God~ just praying, gratitude 'journal'(really list) and scripture memory verse for the week.
And then we do our Bible study, we are starting at the beginning: Genesis.
What a great way to start the day! :)

I have a special "homeschool box" for Grace; this has been such a blessing to me, and to her. She is two and a half and she needs me almost 100% of the time, so having her "homeschool box" makes teaching a lot easier for all of us.
In her box, she has crayons, paints, play dough, puzzles,scissors and paper and lot's of stickers. This is good "busy work" for her that she can do by herself
and that I do with her during quiet-work times. She just loves getting out her homeschool box!


Al and I recently enjoyed discussing chapter one of the book When Sinners Say I Do by Dave Harvey in our small group Wednesday night. It was a great time, listening to everyone share their funny wedding stories and about how God's grace has been changing them. We even had a time of the husbands and wives in attendance sharing evidences of grace in each-others lives with one another. It was so sweet.

Tonight, we are looking forward to another Crossfire parent and youth group meeting, during which we will have a wonderful time of fellowship discussing chapter twelve of Spiritual Disciplines For The Christian Life by Donald Whitney and of course playing games and have yummy snacks :)


I am so glad that I got Tyler's assignment sheets finished for the next 2 weeks last night, it will be a huge blessing to me during the week when he can just look in his binder and see his assignments there for each subject. That is less time I will have to spend explaining things between all the kids as I teach.

Time to go outside now with the little ones and enjoy this beautiful Fall day God has blessed His people with. Hope you and yours have a great time enjoying this day, too! God bless :)

No comments: