Aug 23, 2008

Well, Hello Friends! This is my first post since January, so I guess I'll catch some of you up on what's been going on with us, as many of you have known us for quite awhile. As many of you know, my husband took on *a second full-time job* last November. There were 8 months in which my husband basically worked and tried to catch up on sleep 24/7. During this time, God used the financial tightening to turn a bad situation good! He gave us clarity to see things we had been blind to before, He grew in us more appreciation for each-other, and He grew our faith and trust in him, even as our bodies and hearts were strained... He used heartbreak over other situations in my life for good; I really know now that Oh No, He (Really Does) Never Let Go!...even when our hearts "feel" empty... the old hymn Amazing Grace sums up our last year. "Thro' many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;'Tis grace have bro't me safe thus far,And grace will lead me home...The Lord has promised good to me,His word my hope secures;He will my shield my portion be,As long as life endures" :)

We are happily able to report that we have been able to get back into weekly tithing again and have even been able to return nice things to the home that we had to take a vacay from for awhile... In my last post, I jokingly said that we were going to have to do some growing by giving up cable Tv and the Internet for awhile, but while I was kidding around, I truly did miss being able to read your blogs and "talk" with you guys about life. I am glad to be able to update our blog, and especially to be able to read all of yours regularly once again! I have some serious catching up to do, though at this rate, it may take me all year ;)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you're back! Sorry to hear things have been rough, but praise God for how He's turned everything around! Looking forward to reading more of your updates :) God bless you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy things are better for you now. Really missed you :)

Bonnie said...

Welcome back Stacey! It is wonderful to see/hear the joy that comes forth from your heart even after 8 months of strain and trial. Praise God for how He has worked all things for good for you and your family. What an example you and Al have been of perseverance and dying to self as you pushed through the weariness and strain as well as in your giving up your desires in order to honor and obey God! Even through all the struggle and hard work, you all still continued to faithfully serve at church. Stacey, it could have been so easy for you to allow bitterness in your heart through all of this, but you have trusted God and faithfully supported Al and served your family so well through these long months and just see the joy that God has brought forth!

staceyhoff said...

You are right Bonnie, God has been faithful (as He always is) and trusting Him leads to MUCH joy(always does!)

Thank you for your encouraging/exhorting words (; xo

Danielle said...

Yay! Your back! I have missed you and hearing about the family while you have been gone. Hope to hear from you often. And I second Bonnie. You guys have been a great example. I know it hasn't been easy.