Oct 10, 2007

If I were a songwriter, today this would be what I would write ...




Today I feel helpless, hazy, burdened beyond my strength,
but I will not succumb,I will lift my hands, lay it all
at the foot of the cross.
I will trust you, Jesus.
Show the way,
You have for me.
Let the words of my mouth
and the meditations of my heart
be pleasing...
to You, Oh Lord.

Though it's all
closing in on me
still I will
remain
firm in your word
You planted me
My vine, You will feed me,
I will not wither away.

Take this weariness,
take this fear of what will be,
take this stubborn heart and bend it straight for Thee
I am but clay now,
You mold me with Your afflictions upon me...
Give me strength to walk this path you have me on...
and in my heart,
and in my mind,
that I would trust in You,
trust in You,
Trust in You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just popping over today to check out your blog again... I love this writing! It's so full of the meditations of your humble heart! I really need to visit your blog more often! :) By the way - has Josh still been trying out the letters, like Josiah? That made me smile. I love that they're in the same ch. min. class now!