Oct 29, 2007

I am a woman

Hands that have known work,
that have wondered over new babies.
This is a woman's love.

A heart that has cherished my children,
and melted at the touch of my husbands hand~
hands that have gripped the Bible and have
helped my mind be harnessed by scripture,
hands that have taught my children the way to life.
This is a woman's mighty task.

My work is humble yet altogether without price;
my husband benefits from me more than treasures.

I have nurtured boo-boo's and fashioned pony-tails
out of curls;my hands have caught and nurtured frogs and
other creatures to bring delight to my boys,
and my imagination weaved wondrous stories about heroes
in the Holy Scriptures before their wide-open eyes and eager
hearts,

I have loved and served my family, steered them to keep the
ancient path, for righteousness' sake.
My kips have kissed and soothed, corrected and encouraged.

Ask me what I have done as a woman in this world;
I will tell you that I have been a servant of a might God.
I have held down the most pleasant of offices;
I have loved and been spent.

My rewards are beyond priceless,gifts from the Lord Almighty.

Sweeter than any profession on earth, I am wife, mother, a ransomed one.









Proverbs 31:25-30~
"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
'Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.' Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

No comments: