Jun 15, 2007

I want to thank you if you prayed. I know that many of you did, because I have seen God's hands at work in me convicting me and drawing me. Psalms 65:5~ You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our Savior. An awesome deed for me right now is how God can change our hearts, specifically mine. God has helped me to put on understanding and forgiveness towards the people who have hurt me and the vision to see that they are doing what they do to me because of sin they are struggling with and it does not really have anything to do with me. When they are in trouble( snared in sin)I am to be merciful and help restore them to God, not 'most' of the time- all of the time. One fly can ruin a whole bottle of perfume. Jesus was so merciful and patient, even with Judas His betrayer, even with the Pharisees. I wonder how He would react today towards the abortionists and the loudest anti-God voices there are in this world? I think we can all envision that he would be firm and yet kind. Man's anger does not produce the righteousness of God. It is so easy to be overburdened by cares about things that are going on here and to lose sight of what is truly most important. Colossians 3:15-17: And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And ALWAYS be thankful. Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use His words to teach and counsel each other.Sing pslams and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or day, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, ALL THE WHILE giving thanks through him through God the father. A lot of my pride broke today over some time listening to a good worship cd from our church. My sin is not different than other people's sin, if God says that I can change than they can change too. Satan can keep on playing one note if that's the one note that gets under your skin every time. And we are the ones eating the fruit of our mouths after he gets done with us, all the while he is laughing at what he can get us to do if he applies that kind of preassure that weakens our knees the most. Colossians 4:2, devote yourselves to prayer with an ALERT mind and a THANKFUL heart. God please keep on giving me both, especially when I need them!

No comments: