May 9, 2007

Psalm 40:6-10,
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced,
burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
Then I said "Here I am, I have come-
it is written about me in the scroll.
I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is written in my heart.
I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly,
I do not seal my lips, as you know, O God.
I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfullness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
to the great assembly.


I love this psalm from David. His example is precious to me.

Job 38: 18,
Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea,
or walked int he recesses of the deep?
Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?
Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.


God is the only one sovereign over all, the only one worthy of all of my praise,
the only one to whom I should look. His ways are to wonderful for me to understand.

No comments: