May 8, 2007

Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you...as for me, I trust in you.
Psalms 55:23

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
Deuteronomy 6:4

'Love your neighbor as you love yourself, for this pleases God greatly'


Oh Great God
Oh great God of highest Heaven
Occupy my lowly heart,
own it all
and reign supreme
conquer every rebel power
let no vice or sin remain
that resists your holy war
you have loved me and purchased me,
make me yours forevermore
I was blinded by my sin,
had no ears to hear your voice,
did not know your love within,
had no taste for Heaven's joys,
then your spirit gave me life,
opened up your word for me,
through the gospel of your son,
gave me endless hope and peace.

Help me now to live a life
that's dependent on your grace,
keep my heart and gaurd my soul,
from the evils that I face,
you are worthy to be praised,
with my every thought and deed,
oh great God of highest Heaven ,
glorify your name through me.

- Bob Kauflin




Help me to be most aware of how I am serving you, Lord,and not to be seduced by my sinful desires that want my kind of justice and not yours. Remind me again and again Lord that this life is not about me; this Christian life cannot be about me. Because anyone who loves his life loses it, but most of all because I cannot be of much service to you, Lord, if I live any other way. Help me to repent of such selfishness Lord, help me to hate it and to pour contempt on all my pride. Let me be mindful to seek you first. And you alone. And to be record, be thankful for, and share with others all of the goodness that comes of that submission to your will...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey ~ I haven't really checked out your blog before but I did today and I can't tell you how blessed I was by your post. Thank you - thank you! for the encouraging words and refocusing my heart! :) You are doing such a great job of honoring God with your life and growing in your walk. Well done!

TO BECOME said...

Stacey, very good post. we need to be reminded of how we are serving the Lord. Thanks, connie from Texas