Jan 26, 2007

He Redeems!

Isn't it good to know that God loves to redeem even the ugliest of sin?? Having lived through a very painful and confusing childhood I once thought that I was just lucky to survive- I wasn't going to get any luckier than that! But I dreamed up as an adolescent how I'd like to talk to other kids one day who'd walked that same lonely and confusing path, and maybe help them. And God has made it so! Today, because of God's grace, I have been reunited with my sisters { who were separated from me in 1990 & all of us eventually taken to different foster care facilities}, who have lived through more pain than a child should know. because I have been there too I can today hold their holds and walk with them through their grief as a seasoned saint. God redeemed my pain and He will redeem theirs, too! Isn't He forever making something lovely out of the mire and muck of our sin??? Amazing!!
And what is so sweet is that I am not their social worker, I am their sister, part of their own hearts... 'Remember what you have learned, and whom you have learned it from...' I can talk to them about God, His compassion, His mercy, His provision- how He redeems It All- and about eternity- and because I am their sister I can care for their souls better than a social worker. They know from whom they are hearing these things. If I had not travelled that path, who could hold their hands and their hearts like I can today? I am thankful to God that not only did I survive, but he also drew me to Him- so I can know Him and tell them about Him today. Praise God!! His hands are Truly over Everything!!I can tell them that God so loved them that he sent his one and only son to pay the ransom they owed- and that He redeemed our grief. To God be all the glory-Satan will not win this battle for our souls! A scripture that touches on this, for me - Hebrews 10: 19-24,
'Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the most holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened up for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest who over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from our guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is Faithful :). And let us consider how we may spur one another towards love and good deeds.'

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Stacey,

I am a former foster child, current child advocate - and a Christian.

www.sunshinegirlonarainyday.com

(You can listen to my personal testimony by clicking on "Podcast")

Your story is wonderful. I am so happy that all things worked for good in your life!

Have you and your sisters ever heard of Foster Care Alumni of America? www.fostercarealumni.org

Just an email away, if you ever want to correspond,
Lisa
http://sunshinegirlonarainyday.blogspot.com/

PS - There's a link to email me at both my blog and website, listed above.

Audrey said...

Stacey~
Amen and praise the Lord that you are able to see how God has redeemed your pain and what a testimony God's saving grace in your life is and will be to your sisters and others. What a WONDERFUL Savior we serve....so worthy of ALL our praise!

Love
Audrey