Jun 25, 2007

Ecclesiastes 4:2 ...

Thought this was So True I had to share it here. I am so blessed to have the friendships that I have with the women that make up much of the body of our church. These are some of my dearest friends in life. And best of all, I will get to rejoice around the throne with them for Eternity! Thank You God,For Saving Us! And for giving us a church!




Have you ever felt like this?
Or does this describe your life now?

Ecclesiastes 4:2 - 3 (NIV)
And I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.

But better than both
is he who has not yet been,
who has not seen the evil
that is done under the sun.

I know I have. And my own opinion is that if you said “no” … you are not being completely honest with yourself. At some point in our lives, we all have to come face to face with the “why am I here”, “what is my purpose” or “who cares that I’m here” questions.

Some of you may be saying … “YES! That’s me now! As a matter of fact … that’s me all the time!”

Are we supposed to live feeling this way? I don’t think so.

What’s the solution? PEOPLE

That answer came pretty quick. Let me show you why I believe this to be true.

We are given these scriptures in the first part of Ecclesiastes 4. But then we get verses 9 - 12, and I firmly believe that God’s Word is so well written and constructed that there is a reason why certain verses follow certain other verses. So, read verses 9 - 12.

Ecclesiastes 4:9 - 12 (NIV)
Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

The answer is people! God’s answer to our loneliness, our lack of will power, our inability to stay on a diet, our failure in the world of fitness … and even more importantly, our lack of spiritual growth, our lack of desire to apply God’s principles in our lives, and our inability to establish a consistent quite time … is PEOPLE!

I’m sure I could continue that list above. Parenting, being a teenager, work ethics, taxes, etc. And I’m sure you have your own list that you have been going through in your head.

Our inability to be all that God wants us to be comes when we try to “go at it alone.”

I was thinking yesterday that if I had 2 brothers who would commit (me committing also) to making daily verbal contact with each other for the purpose of asking a set of prying questions we have all agreed to and for the purpose of pushing each other to do the things we’ve committed to do I would be able to qualify and finish the Ironman Triathlon (if you know me … HA to that.) But as silly as that seems even to me … things even greater than this could be accomplished. Spiritual growth as never seen before could happen!

Some of you may be saying … “That’s all fine and good, but a sign of spiritual maturity is being able to stand on your own without being dependent on others.” (Did that sound snooty? I was going for snooty.)

BALONEY!!!

God designed us for relationships! Look in Genesis about why God created Eve.

Genesis 2:18 (NIV)
The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

We were designed to work best together when we work together.

Are you depressed now because you don’t have these kind of people in your life? Well, stop. Pray! Ask God to bring them into your life. He will.

You … be ready. Remember, you have to commit to them also.

No comments: